Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blog 3: Glyndon Bank Floor Plan





I chose to make a floor plan based off the Glyndon Bank. This buildings facade is symmetrical. Although it is not a house, I still took some of the visions from the American Women's Home book. Their leading aim was to show how time, labor, and expenses are saved not only in the building but in furniture and its arrangement. I noticed in one of their floor-plans they were cady-cornering furniture so I did that with the sofas in the main office. I also mimicked the floor plan they used for a kitchen in the buildings lounge area. In that I also added the glazed sliding doors, that shut out heat and smells that come from the kitchen.


You can't see it in the birds eye floor-plan, but I also decided to mimic their vision of these arched doors, where pictures could be hung above them as illustration.


In the cubical area I added these moveable screens to give privacy to each desk in the area. The screens must be so high to reach the ceiling to prevent from overturning


No comments:

Post a Comment